Universal

Universal
Me and films

Silahkan Cari

Thursday 9 September 2010

Scoffield fights the zombies in RESIDENT EVIL: AFTERLIFE


Wentworth Miller, the guy we know as Micheal Scoffield in Prison Break will join Mila and Ali to kick some zombie's asses in the new sequel of Resident Evil: After Life. Ali Larter, as you know, was the hot dangerous woman from the series Heroes. For Ali, this movie is not her first major role coz she previously participated in some movies like Final Destination or Obssessed (with Beyonce).


Wentworth Miller, FYI, was in two Mariah Carey's videos: It's like that and We belong together. He played a small part in Underworld and Human Stain, as I recall. (well we in Indonesia have limited choices of movie). So Resident Evil is Went's biggest movie project ever.



And if I'm not mistaken, Went also played in one episode of Ghost Whisperer, right? as an army man who died and became a ghost or something...in the first season...

Here the excerpt of an interview with Wentworth Miller with MoviesOnline.com

MoviesOnline: Did you have any special training for this movie?

Wentworth Miller: You know what, I got my training on Prison Break. It was four years of stunt work and choreography and all of that came into play very specifically with Resident Evil.

MoviesOnline: Whenever we talked to you during Prison Break you were actually saying you didn’t want to do movies at the same time. So now with your first movie after Prison Break, how carefully did you choose what was coming your way and why did you pick this?

Wentworth Miller: Well, the first thing I did after Prison Break was actually an episode of Law and Order, which was a show I want to be a part of in some small way. I think that was a pretty clear indication of where my head was at as far as – there’s a certain well-worn narrative in this industry about a TV actor who wraps up a series that put him on the map, and now it’s time to throw your hat into the feature film ring. I don’t subscribe to that narrative, it’s not my story. For me, a role is a role is a role, and whether that’s TV, film or theater, I just have to go with what inspires me.

MoviesOnline: So are you a gamer at all?

Wentworth Miller: I am not. My family put an emphasis on education so it was all about homework. There wasn’t much time for comic books or video games, so this is kind of my chance to have a second childhood. It’s like a do-over.

MoviesOnline: How different is your character from the video game to the movie? Doesn’t the character have biceps the size of his head in the video game?

Wentworth Miller: Oh yeah, that’s the first difference. In preparing for the role, I felt the need to respect what was already out there, in terms of the video game mythology, and I did my research online, going to fan sites and blogs to find out what the conversation was about this character, what the expectations might be. But then I had to balance that with who I am as an actor, and what I inherently bring to the table, and who is the Chris Redfield that Paul W.S. Anderson establishes in this movie. He’s very specific to the feature film interpretation of Resident Evil, rather than the video game. It was a question of balancing all three influences, and I’d like to think that I did my best.


If you wanna see the complete interview, go to http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_18245.html

4 comments:

  1. ilike Miller in Prison break...especially the tatto...Gosh...i dream of having tiny little tatto in my back...but he had almost in all parts of his upper body...does he have a tatto in Resident Evil: Afterlife??if he does..i wonder what it would be. anyway...i like the whole part of him as Scoffield.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tattoo is temporary, just for the role in Prison Break (a blue print of the prison).I think We're not gonna see Went shirtless in REsident Evil 4, but who knows? Can't wait to see it. Hey thanks for giving comment..

    ReplyDelete
  3. gue dah nonton resident evil afterlife. menurut gue sih makin ke sini filmnya makin ga seru >__< masih keren yang pertama. gue sebagai penggemar berat wentworth miller ngerasa kurang puas sama penampilan wentworth di sini, lack of action -___- tapi ga apa2 deh gue cukup senang bisa liat wentworth miller lagi. i miss him so much on screen ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Wulan: Bener...RE makin lama makin lesu darah, I hope Wentworth will play another big smart hit TV series again.

    Thanks udah mampir ke blog gw ya..

    ReplyDelete