Universal

Universal
Me and films

Silahkan Cari

Saturday 11 September 2010

They copied my reviews..!!! Should I be flattered or what??

When I first decided to create a blog, because two of my close friends asked me to, three months a go, I never had a thought that writing about what I watched can be so addictive. Some people who are close to me really know how I insanely love TV series (I do love films too but not as crazy as I doTV series) and they kept telling me that having a blog discussing that silly thing would be some kind of good therapy. (they said I was a walking TV reviewer, and at certain level it annoyed them ha..ha).

I really appreciate people who came or have been coming to this blog to read anything I wrote. It was amazing, you know: it never crossed my mind that there are people out there spend their minutes in their lives just to read something silly. I do appreciate if you are one of them, Thanks so much.

I believe there more than millions of blogs and websites that concern with the similar thing I have been writing here. And those blogs and websites have been becoming my sources and references before writing my opinion in this blog. I do love many of them and become a regular visitors. So when I wrote something that I took from them, I always wrote the source and the links as an appreciation to them that I really adore them.

Until three days ago. You know I never thought that this unimportant blog could be certain sources too for some people. I mean it is good to know, for example, that someone, somewhere in Indonesia will buy ALIAS dvds after reading my review, that simple. I helped those who need some information about good series, then. But finding out that some of my articles here were copied and pasted on some people's blog is something else.

First, it is very flattering to find out some bloggers copied some of my articles and posted (or just quoted some paragraphs) them on their own blog and my name or the links was mentioned there, like my best friends Reny did. That is amazing. It means, as bloggers we respect each other.

But it is annoying to find out that part of my articles were copied pasted the bloggers didn't say mention the source, let alone they claimed the articles as theirs. This happened to me several times and the recent one was two days ago. I wrote 3 paragraphs then accidentally clicked 'publish entry'. Those messy drafts were five minutes later found in a thread of popular Indonesian site Kaskus. Since I wrote the article in English, even the 'thief' didn't know what was about. Perhaps he just found the title interesting. My article was about Indonesian sketch OVJ (read here or where that thief posted: http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=5243882 ) Read how some people reacted to what my unfinished article said

I am not a commercial blogger like one of my nephews. He earned money from doing activities in the net. But for me, blogging is just for fun. I love having fun. I have my main job and I don't want to discuss it on my blog. My blog is my other world.

Well, I never thank you enough for 1600 people who visited my blog since July 2010. And for those who keep coming back to read every stupid thing I wrote, well I just can't verbalize. You are amazing.

It was last week when I finally decided to write all the articles in English. Some friends who don't speak English complained, but hey I'm learning English too here. At first I created this blog to introduce my friends in Indonesia with TV series that have been helping me a lot in improving my English and inspired me to do some research. But then the thought came cross to my mind, if they also like such TV series, they also got the exposure and understand English, and reading what I wrote here is not a problem at all.

When I still wrote my articles in Indonesian, I found out some of Indonesian blogger copied my articles irresponsibly. Perhaps because not too many bloggers concern with TV series in Indonesia though I know there are a lot threads discussing them, but most people just gave comments instead of writing them in articles.

I tried to post some of my articles in Kaskus, the largest internet community Indonesia. Most of them despise me for using English. They think Indonesians who write in English are arrogant. Yeah, this is Indonesia. People look differently when you speak or write in English. We love our national language (too much). I do love Indonesia and using English doesn't make me less Indonesian.

OMG, I changed the subject. Well, I'm gonna still write some of my articles in Indonesian because sometimes some information I wrote in my articles should be read by my Indonesian fellows. Now I also have put 'anti right-click' so some bloggers can't copy my articles though I know some of them till can do that in their on ways, but hey at least I tried to protect my own so-called intellectual wealth, right?

Keep on reading this blog, guys.
And for those who copied and pasted my articles, SHAME ON YOU...!!! Didn't you learn something from school?? Didn't your mom tell you that thief should be locked in jail??


0 comments:

Post a Comment