Universal

Universal
Me and films

Silahkan Cari

Sunday 10 October 2010

TEN THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU >>>> The Tale of Two Sisters


When I finally got a chance to watch this series, I gotta admit that this series is not like what I thought before. First I thought it would be lame and silly like other teenage series. I was wrong. This series is totally fresh, well at least here in Indonesia. We don't get teen comedy a lot.

For those who have watched the movie version, is is hard not to compare the casts with Julia Stiles, Heath Ledger, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and FYI Ten Things I Hate About You is a remake of the classic Shakespeare play "The Taming of the Shrew"


(The Movie Version. We miss you Heath..)

I don't need to explain more on plot for those who love the movie, but I gotta tell you that since it is a series, there some some sub plots that makes the story more interesting.

It is about two sisters: Kat and Bianca Stratford. Kat is the older and busy with big issues like global warming, emancipation, or politics. The younger one is Bianca who is trying to survive in High School by gaining popularity through trying hard to join the cheering squad at any costs. Being raised by a single parent, these two pretty girls have to deal with their girl issues with a lovable protective dad. Just like other typical teenage story, this series is full with some cliches but surprisingly interesting.

Kat and Bianca seem to have their own circle though they are in the same high school. There is no mean bitchy antagonist in this story but does not make this series turn flat. The boys, the friends, the teachers, and the dad are great and are given enough space to develop the story. And hey, Larry Miller plays his role again as Walter Stratford (Kat and Bianca's dad) here. Some other major characters like Chastity, Cameron, Patrick, and Mandela are well played as well.

I'm not saying that this series is amazing, but Ten Things I Hate about You is great to watch. The duration is effective and the humor (especially the jokes on pop cultures or famous people reference) is funny (well, I'm an Indonesian so correct me if I'm wrong).

One Thing I Hate About This Series: It has been canceled.


0 comments:

Post a Comment