Universal

Universal
Me and films

Silahkan Cari

Friday 22 October 2010

HAVEN >>> It's Stephen King's story...!!

Finally I can watch this series. Lately I got problem with my TV and as a TV freak, having no TV in my room is a nightmare.

When a friend told me that a series based on Stephen King's novella is out there (I mean the pirated DVD store, ha..ha) I grabbed it and ignored other series. Yeah, it's Stephen King, and the other series can wait.

I don't read all Stephen King's novels, but I watch most of the films/TV series adaptation. I know Haven is TV series, that's why I didn't not expect it as bloody and gory as the King's film adaptation (Hmmm, I love The Mist)


I just watched the first five episodes. Suddenly I remember other mysterious stories I watched lately like FRINGE or Harper Island. No, please don't compare them, Haven even didn't have the eerie atmosphere like Happy Town or even The X-Files, but it had fun pace like Ware House 13. I didn't see any surprisingness in Audre's face when weird things happened in Haven. Comparing Audrey with Scully (The X Files) is really dumb thing to do. Audrey and Nathan's chemistry reminded me Booth and Bones in BONES, though Nathan looked more serious.

Every episode dealt with one supernatural case and sometimes it is easily solved and predicted. But the search of kids on old photos that Audrey found made me want to watch the next episodes, just to fulfill my curiosity on who Audrey really is. I'm not saying that this series is bad (I still love FRINGE for its complicated and serious mystery), but it's just average.

Well, you still need the synopsis? Here I took one from wikipedia:

Shrewd and confident FBI agent Audrey Parker has a lost past and an openness to the possibility of the paranormal. When she arrives in the small town of Haven, Maine, on a routine case, she soon finds herself caught up with the return of "The Troubles", a plague of supernatural afflictions that afflicted the town at least once before. If that was not enough to draw her in, she also finds a link that may lead her to the mother she has never known.


Hey do you know that HAVEN is adapted from Colorado Kid?


0 comments:

Post a Comment