Universal

Universal
Me and films

Silahkan Cari

Sunday 28 November 2010

SANG PENCERAH >>> A Great Film About A Great Leader >> Kok Bisa-bisanya Gak Masuk FFI 2010?


Well I was too young to remember some phenomenal historical flicks such as Tjoek Nyak Dien or Kartini so please do not blame me when I say that Sang Pencerah is the great one in the historical genre.

Hanung Bramantyo once again proved that historical and religious flick can be entertaining. There was not even single moment that I felt bored sitting in the cold air conditioned room in which I didn't pay for watching it.

I was totally impressed how Hanung revived the old times like I really saw and experienced the times where Darwis a.k.a Ahmad Dahlan, the famous founder of Muhammadiyah (The biggest Islamic organization in Indonesia) struggled to make Javanese muslims understand Islam for its own.

Building a setting of Yogyakarta in last two centuries was a hard work to do, but this film presented the amazing cinematography. I loved seeing classic Jalan Malioboro.

Ihsan Tarore played younger Ahmad Dahlan well though he seemed so hard to learn Javanese accents. Lukman Sardi who played Ahmad Dahlan, is the perfect cast. Well, there is no comparison or any video record of Ahmad Dahlan that we can compare with, so by perfect I meant he acted so great like he always did in all films he played.

All the supporting casts are also amazing. Joshua, Giring (the vocalist of famous band Nidjie), Saskia Mecca, and many others gave this film fresh surprise. Some humors inserted are very effective. The message is very clear and educational but in a way in which people are not being lectured. I loved it.


I was upset to know that the upcoming FFI 2010 failed this great film as one of the nominees. Hanung told the media that it's not a biggie because probably FFI has its own standard (rumor has it that FFI judges thought that Sang Pencerah did not depict an actual history, oh for god sake, are we talking about a film?)

Then I'm not gonna watch or write about FFI 2010....!!!

Silly judges...!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment